Jill Nash is strong. Strong as hell. Both physically and mentally.
After almost losing her life to anorexia, Jill started lifting heavy weights as part of her healing process. Instead of obsessing over the weight on the scale, she focused on the weight on the bar.
Jill is a gold-medal, award-winning power lifter, a UFE PRO Fitness Model and a UFE PRO Fitness Athlete. She coaches classes and individuals at Heavyweights Training Centre to make them stronger, healthier, and happier. She was also an assistant coach on the Canadian Powerlifting Team in Salo, Finland, in 2015.
Before getting her UFE PRO card in June of 2016, Jill earned UFE Elite Bikini and Fitness Model status by placing top three in three different categories in Montreal (May, 2015). Status Fitness Magazine named Jill one of the 100 sexiest fitness models in the world and Oxygen Magazine gave her a full page in their August 2015 issue as a Success Story.
Jill was enrolled in the Gifted Student Program throughout elementary school and graduated on the Honour Roll. She earned a B.Sc. Honours Degree in Chemistry with a Math minor, and she held a spot on the Dean’s List. She also persisted through years of grad school and was awarded the great distinction of an NSERC CGS-M grant, as well as other scholarships and awards.
More about Jill (in her words)
- I’m super sensitive and have a great sense of empathy for everyone and anyone (I cry a lot when I’m happy and when I’m sad)
- I love ice cream cake, massages, and travelling
- The sun, my magic bag, heating pads … I enjoy heat in all of its glorious forms
- I think small, thoughtful gestures are better than elaborate surprises
- I prefer silence to noise
- I want to try everything once (maybe except heroin or moving to Mars)
- I’m a Jill-of-All-Trades and I can decorate a cake, sew a dress, knit a scarf, crochet an afghan, paint an ocean scene, bake a mean pan of brownies, cut and colour your hair, do your make up… the list goes on.
- I love to read, but I don’t get to do it enough anymore
- Animals are my favourite, especially my cat Rex and my dog Bentley
- My sweet, caring boyfriend Brad is also my favourite
- Oh, and my parents are my life
- I love to laugh and make others laugh … can’t ya tell?!